See News Page 1 for Temporary Rules due to Coronavirus - Updated 09 April 2021
Adams Mill is open to ALL the association's over-the-counter ticket holders (from June 16) following a new deal with the land-owner which makes it affordable to all.
The fabled local Upper Ouse section produced the past seven or eight British barbel records including a 21 pounder in as many years.
During that time the association had reluctantly, at the landlord's insistence, run it as a high-priced syndicate water. Before then, MKAA held only one bank of the fishery, which is near Newport Pagnell. Now it also has the opposite, former Potters Bar, bank and the backwater too. Back in the days when Adams was previously on MKAA's card, many valued it for its high quality roach and chub fishing. That is now better than ever, though the barbel fishing may for the moment be below its record-busting best. It currently holds some great roach, perch, pike and chub...with several of the latter knocking on the door of 8lb.
ADDITIONAL rules apply to fishing at Adams Mill,
These rules include strict on and off the water times - Please read them before visiting the fishery.
SPECIAL RULES AT ADAMS MILL
The problem for angling at Adams Mill is the potential for anglers (going to and from the water) to disturb people living at the farm. Retaining the rights to this water is dependent on that NOT happening, and on the very highest standards of angler behaviour. The following rules (a condition of MKAA's use of the water) MUST be adhered to. Anyone failing to comply will be seen as bringing the association into disrepute...and banned from ALL its waters.
1) NO DAYTICKETS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
2) MKAA season ticket holders only (and only ONE well-behaved non-fishing companion per angler allowed at any time).
3) NO DOGS, FIRES OR BARBECUES OF ANY KIND.
4) ABSOLUTELY NO NIGHT FISHING.
5) OUTSIDE THE FRONT GATE TIMES.
The list of earliest/latest times on the property are just that (NOT fishing/packing-up/chatting-in-the-car-park times).
Anglers MUST NOT be anywhere on the property outside of those times. Do not wait outside the gate!!!
6) PARKING IS ONLY ALLOWED IN THE AREA NEAR THE BAILEY BRIDGE.
7) MAXIMUM of 15 anglers (12 on the main river, 3 on the backwater) on the water/property at any one time (the fishery is such that it cannot take more than that anyway. If the fishery is full when you arrive, please go to another fishery or come back later.
8) ONE ROD ONLY ALLOWED between June 16 and October 30 - 2 rods may be used, providing it doesn't interfere with other anglers, from November 1 to March 14.
9) 5 mph SPEED LIMIT on site - please close any gates you open to get to/from the river.
10) NO ACCESS to the property during the statutory close season, ie March 15 to June 15 inclusive.
Earliest and Latest times on the property
Thanks to the co-operation of the farmer, during November, December, January and February the "off-property" time is currently 18:00 (6pm) allowing fishing into early darkness. Please do not abuse this privilege by over-staying.
Pictures from MKAA Anglers
WebMaster Email Address email@example.com
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org